Job Standard for Development Specialist, Athletics
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Development Specialist, Athletics Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75678
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: External Affairs
- Function: Development
This position is responsible for managing Boise State Athletics’ annual program. The role is to be outbound working with current stakeholders and potential donors to support Boise State athletics.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Attention to detail, experience planning and organizing
- Donor experience in the areas of identification, cultivation and solicitation. Must be able to develop good relationships with prospective/current donors.
- Ability to manage prospects from identification through the entire cultivation process leading into stewardship.
- Working knowledge of and experience in professional practices of major gift and annual giving fundraising.
- Experience with membership/fund development or related sales experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills demonstrating professional grammar usage and experience making presentations.
- Strong understanding of the philosophy of quality service and the group process with proven aptitude for working as part of a team and foster the principles of community.
- Must be available as needed for evening and/or weekend work coinciding with events and meetings
60% of Time the Development Specialist, Athletics
- Manage a personal portfolio and solicit alumni and Boise State Athletics supporters for leadership gifts.
- Cultivate and involve prospects by developing personal relationships and making personal visits.
- Work with stakeholders to increase support and gain new membership.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules.
35% of Time the Development Specialist, Athletics
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Development Specialist, Athletics
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Some travel for Development Specialist, Athletics
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.