Job Standard for Director, Student & Recent Grad Programs
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Director, Student & Recent Grad Programs Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75735
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: External Affairs
- Function: Alumni
Responsible for the overall strategic planning and coordination of programs that connect future students, current students, Alumni Legacy Scholars, and recent graduates to Boise State University, ensuring that these alumni will become and remain engaged with the university and support the university as volunteers and donors.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of areas typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong fundraising experience
- Direct experience with student programs in a university or similar setting
- Experience with marketing philosophy
- Exemplary writing and communication skills including public speaking
- Strong budget management experience
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection and assessment with computer literacy and data analysis
- Ability to collaborate
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks, constituencies, timelines, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to travel and work evenings including weekends
60% of Time the Director, Student & Recent Grad Programs
- Manage the Alumni Legacy Scholar program
- Advises the Alumni Association-sponsored student group, Future Alumni Network
- Cultivates partnerships with campus entities that support student recruitment and student involvement.
- Managing and enhancing to ensure the existence of effective and innovative programs and communication efforts to maintain the connection between students, recent graduates, alumni and the university to enhance their future participation as volunteers and donors.
- Event management, social media participation, staff Liaison for appropriate alumni board committees, and community presentations
- Maintain adequate metrics and records
35% of Time the Director, Student & Recent Grad Programs
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Director, Student & Recent Grad Programs
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Some travel may be required with overnight stay
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.