Job Standard for Donor Relations Operations, Assistant Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Donor Relations Operations, Assistant Director Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75171
- Pay Grade: P11
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Assistant Director
- Family: External Affairs
- Function: Development
This position is responsible for fundraising operations and staff including annual giving, special events, donor relations, customer service, priority seating, parking, endowments and enhancement funds. This position will be primary connection with University Advancement, the Alumni Association, the Boise State University Foundation, BAA and other campus partners
Manages a large team typically consisting of both experienced professionals and subordinate Managers. Focuses on tactical and operational plans with short to midterm focus; significant responsibility to achieve broadly stated goals through subordinate Managers. Determines objectives, directs programs, develops strategies and policies, manages human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a high degree of autonomy. Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead a project or program teams in one dept/job family. Proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Determines campus strategies for a program with campus wide impact.
Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years’ experience or equivalent, including 3 years of managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience and ability to connect with donors at all levels and establish positive relationships.
- Ability to ensure efficient meetings and communication with BAA Board of Directors.
- Knowledge and experience in professional practices of major gift and annual giving fundraising.
- Experience with membership/fund development or related sales experience.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be organized and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of supervisory skills and practices to motivate and manage staff
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to articulate and meet goals/objectives
60% of Time the Donor Relations Operations, Assistant Director
- Serve as development lead to manage the operations, including working with staff to develop and meet fundraising goals.
- Direct all activities including renewals, special events, donor relations, stewardship, customer service and gameday donor operations. Ensure proper gift processing and receipting.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with University Advancement, Alumni Association and Foundation.
- Work with annual donors to increase support and gain new membership.
- In coordination, work to develop and coordinate capital campaigns for facilities and scholarships. Also includes closely tracking progress on capital campaigns.
35% of Time the Donor Relations Operations, Assistant Director
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Donor Relations Operations, Assistant Director
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Travel locally to event locations or overnight
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.