Job Standard for eCampus, Executive Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
eCampus, Executive Director Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75047
- Pay Grade: P14
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Executive Director
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Instructional Services
This position provides leadership and direction for Boise State University’s eCampus Center, which is the backbone for online program and course development, online faculty support. and related online services and initiatives. This position is key to advancing the University’s strategic decision in 2015 to invest in developing and growing online programs as a way of fulfilling its mission, fostering innovation, and building enrollments.
Directs through subordinate Managers multiple large and complex critical programs impacting broad constituencies across major portions of campus. Identifies objectives, manages very significant human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with an extremely high degree of autonomy. Accountable for formulating and administering policies and programs for major functions. Operational or program results can affect overall campus wide performance and reputation. Directs through subordinate Managers the development of strategic goals and objectives to achieve accountability and stewardship of university resources in a manner consistent with campus and system wide objectives and initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree and 10 years professional relevant experience including 6 years managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Doctoral degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in higher education
- Strong leadership skills
60% of Time the eCampus, Executive Director must:
- Work with University leadership, academic chairs, and administrative managers to champion the need for online academic programming as well as lead the large eCampus Center staff that facilitates online development.
- Demonstrate and apply expertise in online education and best practices in higher education.
- In conjunction with other institutional leaders, identify undergraduate and graduate programs for online delivery which have strong potential for academic and financial success.
- Fulfill all supervisory responsibilities: clearly define work responsibilities and needed skills to be successful; hire excellent staff; provide effective onboarding, training and ongoing coaching; set clear SMART performance goals and quality standards; delegate and assign work; evaluate performance, identify areas needing improvement, clarify expectations, and work closely with staff to improve performance.
- Oversee support to academic units developing and implementing online degrees that can be earned anytime/anywhere.
- Help provide leadership for Extended Studies and carry out its mission “to extend higher education beyond traditional boundaries.”
35% of Time the eCampus, Executive Director
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the eCampus, Executive Director
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for eCampus, Executive Director
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.