Job Standard for eCampus Research and Innovation, Senior Manager
View in Google Docs/Download
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
eCampus Research and Innovation, Senior Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75011
- Pay Grade: P10
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Instructional Services
This key position is to promote online student success and retention across fully online courses and programs. This person is responsible for leading eCampus Center efforts to assess and promote adoption of innovative technologies and practices, leverage and conduct educational research to enable and improve online teaching and learning, and drive evaluation and continuous improvement in online courses and programs.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years relevant professional experience including 1 year managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Use consultative skills with an ability to ask guiding questions that lead to best practices for data analysis and actionable follow-through
- Ability to communicate complex data issues clearly and concisely to a variety of stakeholders. Create data visualizations, presentation decks.
- Familiar with principles and techniques used in academic research and systems analyses.
- Experience working with relational databases and collecting, managing, and analyzing data for research purposes.
- Ability to relate and analyze data across multiple data sets. Familiarity with data science tools and methods to identify, extract, clean, analyze, present and actionize data.
- Project management skills demonstrating strong conceptual and analytical skills, planning abilities, and sound judgment;
- Prioritize and handle multiple, complex, demanding projects simultaneously;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with academic and other administrators, faculty and staff and to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to faculty and other stakeholders;
- Work with people possessing a wide variety of technical skills and interests;
- Plan, implement, manage and evaluate project scope, timelines and resource allocation;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Analyze situations and resources to identify and recommend improved methods of customer centric service. Creative, practical problem-identification, reporting, and solving skills;
- Work within a team, deal with ambiguity, manage fast-paced change, and to contribute what is needed to achieve project goals;
60% of Time the eCampus Research and Innovation, Senior Manager must:
- Provide leadership in leveraging educational research to enable and improve online teaching and learning.
- Oversee original research projects and white papers to address issues of importance to the eCampus Center.
- Oversee services to assist faculty research projects and implement data-driven practices in the design and delivery of online courses and programs to support student success and the Scholarship of Online Teaching and Learning.
- Provide leadership and expertise with faculty and staff in analyzing data using standard quantitative and statistical procedures to improve online student success and retention.
- Provide leadership and consultation related to the strategic use of assessment and evaluation for online courses and programs.
- Advocate for the use of various forms of data to drive continuous improvement at the course and program level.
- Collaborate internally and with university partners to advocate for better data collection processes that more accurately represent the outcomes and experience of online students.
- Oversee the development of evaluation studies related to online learning.
- Lead eCampus efforts to assess and adopt Innovative Technologies and Practices that are focused on increasing student success and retention in an online environment.
- Collaborate with institutional leaders (Directors, Deans, Faculty) to identify, evaluate, and implement needed technologies or processes.
- Advocate for the use of technology and processes that ensure access and equity in online learning.
- Work with staff members to develop strategic plans and processes in areas that may include:
- Learning Analytics
- Open Educational Resources and Practices
- Educational Technology
35% of Time the eCampus Research and Innovation, Senior Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the eCampus Research and Innovation, Senior Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.