Job Standard for eCampus, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
eCampus, Senior Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75613
- Pay Grade: P10
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Instructional Services
The keen focus of this position is to promote online student success and retention across fully online courses and programs. Responsible for managing educational research related to online course improvement projects, and the planning and deployment of adoption/change management strategies to ensure the successful implementation of learning analytics and other educational technologies/innovations within fully online courses and programs.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years relevant professional experience including 1 year managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Five (5) years of project management experience coordinating creative teams to ensure project goals are met on time and with high-quality.
- Familiarity with higher education culture and/or work experience in a higher education setting.
- Familiarity with project management tools, applications, and/or strategies.
- Instructional design background and experience.
- Experience with distance education that demonstrates personal and/or professional knowledge and hands-on involvement with the field.
60% of Time the eCampus, Senior Manager must:
- This position works closely with online faculty and programs, eCampus instructional designers and staff, and other technology teams across campus to build actionable dashboards and analytics processes to support online student success and retention, as well as to leverage educational research and technologies to enable and improve online teaching and learning.
- The position coordinates and supervises team members who assist online faculty and programs with educational research projects and learning analytics/emerging technology implementation efforts.
- Develop a system that can be used in fully online courses and in existing and new online programs to help identify at risk students and provide actionable information for faculty, staff, and students.
- Coordinate on the implementation of learning analytics with/for online programs.
- Research innovative and emerging instructional technologies used by other institutions and make recommendations based on research to increase the effectiveness of online courses/programs and improve online student success and retention.
- Oversee services to assist faculty research projects and implement data-driven practices in the design and delivery of online courses and programs to support student success and the Scholarship of Online Teaching and Learning.
- Fulfill all supervisory responsibilities: clearly define work responsibilities and needed skills to be successful when writing job descriptions; take sufficient care to hire excellent staff; provide effective onboarding, training and ongoing coaching; set clear SMART performance goals and quality standards; delegate and assign work; evaluate performance, identify areas needing improvement, clarify expectations, and work closely with staff to improve performance.
35% of Time the eCampus, Senior Manager
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the eCampus, Senior Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for eCampus, Senior Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.