Job Standard for Enterprise Business Analyst 1
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Enterprise Business Analyst 1 Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75713
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Information Technology
- Function: Project Management
Responsible for working with the business to understand their business goals, objectives, processes and requirements. Collaborate with both IT and the project stakeholders to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which a solution can be determined, developed and deployed.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self-development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to assist in the development of business model components
- Ability to assist in the facilitation of workshops with stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate with diagrams to clarify and validate requirements.
- Ability to research new software and alternatives.
- Ability to assist in working with vendors to understand their products.
- Knowledge of and/or experience utilizing critical thinking skills to proactively problem solve including anticipation of issues, determination of solution or resolution and provide appropriate communication to impacted parties.
- Experience with MS Suite and other standard office applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database systems and tools such as SQL and SQL query tool(s) such as Oracle SQL*Plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP concepts and functions.
- Ability to acquire relevant certification from IIBA, PMI or other project management related organization.
60% of Time the Enterprise Business Analyst 1 must:
- Assist in working with single or groups of stakeholders to understand current process and gather new requirements using a variety of techniques such as brainstorming sessions and structured process walk through sessions.
- Assist in identifying and clarifying requirements using basic conceptual and logical process/data modeling techniques such as business process flow charts, simple data flows or workflow.
- Assist in documenting business needs assessment, identifying the problem to be solved and provide input to potential solutions.
- Assist in researching vendors and software products to determine best solution fits based on business requirements and alignment with University architecture.
- Assist in documenting future state process design, illustrating inputs, outputs and cross swim lame handoffs.
- Assist in working with the developers and operations teams to gather estimates for development and cost savings.
- Learn the distinction between functional, non-functional and business requirements and assist in documenting them for technical teams and assist in documenting them accordingly.
- Assist in identifying potential gaps with future state processes. Assist in designing user acceptance test plans and test cases.
- Learn to understand the complexity of project to be deployed and assist in recommending where campus training may be necessary.
35% of Time the Enterprise Business Analyst 1
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Enterprise Business Analyst 1
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General Office – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. General office work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
May be required to travel with overnight stays.
Enterprise Business Analyst 2
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.