Job Standard for Enterprise Business Analyst 2
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Enterprise Business Analyst 2 Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75714
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Information Technology
- Function: Project Management
Responsible for working with the business to understand their business goals, objectives, processes and requirements. Collaborate with both IT and the project stakeholders to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which a solution can be determined, developed and deployed.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 2 years of relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to develop business model components
- Facilitate workshops with stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate with diagrams to clarify and validate requirements.
- Ability to research new software and alternatives.
- Ability to work with vendors to understand their products.
- Experience utilizing critical thinking skills to proactively problem solve including anticipation of issues, determination of solution or resolution and provide appropriate communication to impacted parties.
- Experience with MS Suite and other standard office applications.
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and effectively.
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database systems and tools such as SQL and SQL query tool(s) such as Oracle SQL*Plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP concepts and functions.
- Relevant certification from IIBA, PMI or other project management related organization.
60% of Time the Enterprise Business Analyst 2 must:
- Works with single or groups of stakeholders to understand current process and gather new requirements using a variety of techniques such as brainstorming sessions and structured process walk through sessions.
- Identifies and clarifies requirements using basic conceptual and logical process/data modeling techniques such as business process flow charts, simple data flows or workflow.
- Documents business needs assessment, identifying the problem to be solved and provide input to potential solutions.
Research vendors and software products to determine best solution fits based on business requirements and alignment with University architecture.
- Documents future state process design, illustrating inputs, outputs and cross swim lame handoffs.
- Works with the developers and operations teams to gather estimates for development and cost savings.
- Understands the distinction between functional, non-functional and business requirements and can effectively document them for technical teams and can document them accordingly.
- Identifies potential gaps with future state processes. Designs user acceptance test plans and test cases.
- Understands complexity of project to be deployed and can recommend where campus training may be necessary.
35% of Time the Enterprise Business Analyst 2
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Enterprise Business Analyst 2
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General Office – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. General office work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
May be required to travel with overnight stays.
Enterprise Business Analyst 3
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.