Job Standard for Event Worker 2
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Event Worker 2 Overview
Person Group: Non-Classified/Professional
Job Code: 95101
Pay Grade: F
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Career Level: Level 1
Family: Performing Arts
Function: Event Support
Performs moderate level customer service tasks for events
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally, works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.
Previous customer service event worker experience. Sufficient speech and hearing acuity to perform customer service work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures pertaining to events
- Ability to perform a variety of event functions
- Ability to convey information effectively to patrons
- Ability to work as a team member
60 % of Time Event Worker 2 will:
- Perform moderate level event support functions using independent judgment in applying existing policies and procedures to complete assignments.
- Control backstage access. Admit or deny entry
- Resolve basic patron disputes
- May perform first level functions for security or technical functions such as basic stagehand or maintenance functions
35% of Time Event Worker 2:
- Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Event Worker 2:
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Event Worker 3
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.