Job Standard for Event Worker 3
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Event Worker 3 Overview
Person Group: Non-Classified/Professional
Job Code: 95102
Pay Grade: H
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Career Level: Level 2
Family: Performing Arts
Function: Event Support
To assist higher level event workers in coordinating management needs and requests for events.
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet the needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.
1-2 years of experience at the Event Worker 2 level, proficient level for stagehands.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures pertaining to events
- Knowledge of facility
- Ability to maintain and operate technical equipment
- Works as a team member
- Ability to supervise and train other workers
- Use appropriate customer service skills with patrons
60 % of Time Event Worker 3 will:
- Work closely with Production Manager and senior workers on set-ups for all in-house, touring, and rental events.
- Maintain and operate technical equipment (stage, lighting, sound, etc.)
- Work in higher profile areas including backstage or Front of House
- Re-seat customers during events, as needed
- Write reports of incidents that occur during the leased time of an event
- May supervise and train Event Workers for level 1 and 2
35% of Time Event Worker 3:
Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Event Worker 3:
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Event Worker 3
Event Worker 4
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.