Job Standard for Event Worker 4
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Event Worker 4 Overview
- Person Group: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 95103
- Pay Grade: J
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 3
- Family: Performing Arts
- Function: Event Support
Senior worker who serves as a liaison between facility, staff, and patrons, while managing and supervising events. Acts as department safety expert for events.
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet the needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.
Strong knowledge of facility. Has significant outside professional experience or education in event management. Willing to complete First Aid and CPR certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant policies, procedures pertaining to event management
- Demonstrate leadership skills as a department head for a variety of technical production functions
- Ability to supervise and train other workers
- Strong problem solving and administration skills
- Effective communication skills
60 % of Time Event Worker 4 will:
- Supervise events and event workers, security staff, crowd control
- Schedules and trains event workers
- Debriefs and corrects service problems
- Recommends patron satisfaction and safety issues
- Coordinates management needs and requests
- Conducts orientation with special instructions for shows
- Responsible for Artist/VIP safety at dressing rooms
- Provides first aid for medical emergencies or medical needs and completes EMT report for each incident
35% of Time Event Worker 4:
- Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Event Worker 4:
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Some travel may be required.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.