Job Standard for Events Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Events Coordinator Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75799
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Marketing
Manage the scheduling, event coordination, and calendars for multiple campus venues and facilities using a computerized reservation system.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience or relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
- Experience of event scheduling and planning
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Attention to detail
60 % of Time Events Coordinator will:
- Interpret and/or explain policies and procedures as pertaining to the designated venues.
- Conducts pre-event planning and coordination meetings with clients and will also serve as an Event Manager as they are the direct contact between the client and the facility.
- Coordinates, collects, organizes and distributes information from event and conference planners and staff.
- Schedules all public meeting facilities using scheduling software.
- Coordinates conference services with campus departments such as University Dining, Athletics, FO&M, Campus Rec, Morrison Center, Security, Yankee, and Parking.
- Meets with clients to determine needs and provide technical assistance in the planning stages of each conference.
35% of Time Events Coordinator:
- Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Events Coordinator:
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Not applicable for Events Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.