Job Standard for Executive Assistant
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Executive Assistant Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75097
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: General Administration
- Function: Executive Administrative Support
This position provides administrative support for executive level and represents a division across campus and community members. Responsible for setting the tone of professionalism, standards of performance and cooperation among support staff and fosters cooperative relationships and harmonious flow of work between division and other entities across campus.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years relevant experience or equivalent professional experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities. Ability to anticipate needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, high degree of diplomacy.
- Ability to research, organize and synthesize information and materials from multiple sources.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to meet project deadlines while adapting to immediate demands.
60% of Time the Executive Assistant must:
- Manage communication and scheduling activities for executive, ensuring effective time management and prioritization of schedule using appropriate judgment to adjust as necessary
- Develop and manage special projects assigned, event planning and organizing
- Review and refer or resolve complex and sensitive problems and concerns from internal and external constituencies, including employees, students, State Board of Education members and other state policy makers and their staffs
- Interpret policies and procedures, making decisions on specific operating problems and issuing instructions, draft confidential policy and project proposals.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, presentations and other documents, help prepare for meetings.
35% of Time the Executive Assistant
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Executive Assistant
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Campus and various external sites, office environment
Not applicable for Executive Assistant
Another professional senior level or managerial track
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.