Job Standard for Executive Staff Specialist
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Executive Staff Specialist Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75098
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: General Administration
- Function: Executive Admin Support
This position provides a wide variety of daily and long-term administrative support to the executive’s office that includes calendar management, executing expenditures, travel authorizations, planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating special projects, writing and editing professional correspondence.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 2 years relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Comfortable working as a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to meet project deadlines while adapting to immediate demands.
- Ability to anticipate issues and informational needs.
- Ability to research and organize information and materials relevant to meeting topics and initiatives.
60% of Time the Executive Staff Specialist must:
- Manage communication and scheduling activities for executive staff, ensuring confidentiality, effective time management.
- Assist with the review of complex, sensitive and confidential problems and concerns from internal and external constituencies, including Boise State administration, faculty, staff and students.
- Researches, analyzes and compiles information to prepare reports, handle complaints or resolve problems.
- Responsible for processing payment requests, travel documents, contracts for services, expense and travel reports and other documentation.
- Composes correspondence for supervisor on own initiative or from general instructions and formats/types a variety of executive, sensitive and/or confidential documents.
- Assisting with the management of special projects as assigned, including special event planning and organizing.
35% of Time the Executive Staff Specialist
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Executive Staff Specialist
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Travel not required
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.