Job Standard for Extended Studies Program Coordinator, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Extended Studies Program Coordinator, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75012
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
Responsible for managing the concurrent enrollment program with partner school districts; which includes scheduling visits with school administrators, leading advising sessions, doing classroom presentations, and coordinating outreach.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong computer literacy, Word, Excel, PeopleSoft student records, Power Point, knowledge of social media for outreach.
- Program start-up experience, ability to interview stakeholders and provide advising based on student interests.
- Strong presentation skills, public speaking skills, strong time management skills.
60% of Time the Extended Studies Program Coordinator, Senior must:
- Focus on program management and marketing to promote outreach and continue to maintain current market share.
- Develop a strategic communications plan to promote Sophomore Start Program and the AA degree to high school students and parents, including student recruitment and application review.
- Develop and lead orientation for new and continuing students in the program.
- Work with University academic departments to outline degree paths that facilitate timely progress toward a college degree.
- Advise students on program offerings and provide advising through the application process.
- Assist with the fall and spring registration process for concurrent enrollment students.
- Assist the Director in keeping high school officials updated on student enrollment and success data by school district.
- Assist with event planning for teacher professional development workshops.
35% of Time the Extended Studies Program Coordinator, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Extended Studies Program Coordinator, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.