Job Standard for Extended Studies Site Coordinator, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Extended Studies Site Coordinator, Senior Overview
- People Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75013
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
The Extended Studies Site Coordinator, Senior strategically develops and manages an educational outreach program. They will promote, administer, and support the University’s educational site outreach program and student services.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of areas typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High level of customer service and attention to detail.
- In-depth understanding of the rural, adult, non-traditional, transfer, and first generation student populations, their characteristics, and unique needs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative problem solving.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Public speaking and ability to represent the University to communities and leaders.
- Proficiency with Google G-suite and MicroSoft Office suite of programs.
- Demonstrated experience with rural education and rural communities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
60 % of Time Extended Studies Site Coordinator, Senior will:
- Strategically develop and manage extended studies educational outreach programs.
- The primary point of contact for students, faculty, and communities related to specific educational outreach programs.
- Build collaborative relationships with communities, business, and organizations.
- Conduct informational sessions, virtual events, and group presentations that expand the outreach to surrounding communities.
- Represent Boise State to communities, businesses, and organizations.
- Assist with the management of all Outreach Center sites.
35% of Time Extended Studies Site Coordinator, Senior:
Determined by department needs
5% of Time Extended Studies Site Coordinator, Senior:
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
This position will require monthly travel with overnight stays possible. Expect 10% of time to be traveling around Idaho.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business needs, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and /or skills required. This job description is not an employment agreement and /or an expressed or implied contract. Management has the right to alter this job description at any time without notice.