Job Standard for Extended Studies Site Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Extended Studies Site Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75064
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
This professional staff position supports the Extended Studies mission of providing alternative educational/learning opportunities off of the main campus.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees..
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask with close attention to detail
- Ability to work in a group or independently
60% of Time the Extended Studies Site Coordinator must:
- Promote, administer and support the University’s educational outreach/student services at external locations.
- Provide comprehensive student services to include general support, intake, program guidance, transfer assistance, admission, retention, addressing equity gaps, and advising assistance to perspective and current students
- Expand educational access for all Idahoans through outreach efforts. Coordinate and plan various events to include conducting information sessions, education fairs, virtual events, and group presentations.
- Primary liaison with an external community. Represent Boise State to communities, businesses, organizations, community colleges, other universities, and military branches.
- Leverage existing partnerships and maintain educational programs and develop new opportunities with Idaho employers and private partnerships to address workforce, research, educational and service needs
- Assist with the management of outreach sites.
- Ensure coordination of off-campus classroom space as needed.
- Assist with the development of Academic Year (A/Y) schedules based on student need, enrollment targets, budgeted funds, department input, etc.
- Assist departments as requested/needed in the recruitment of part-time faculty
35% of Time the Extended Studies Site Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Extended Studies Site Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.