Job Standard for Extended Studies Site Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Extended Studies Site Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75064
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
This professional staff position supports the Extended Studies mission of providing alternative educational/learning opportunities off of the main campus.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees..
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask with close attention to detail
- Ability to work in a group or independently
60% of Time the Extended Studies Site Coordinator must:
- Primary liaison with the College of Western Idaho (CWI) community.
- Promote, administer and support the University’s educational outreach/student services at CWI in Nampa.
- Assist the Director of Regional Sites with the management of all regional sites.
- Assist with the development of Academic Year (A/Y) schedules based on student need, enrollment targets, budgeted funds, department input, etc.
- Ensure coordination of off-campus classroom space needs.
- Assist departments as requested/needed in the recruitment of part-time faculty.
- Provide admission and registration assistance to students, including orientation, as required
- Network with community college administrators and faculty, military base officials, and community representatives about educational opportunities through Extended Studies.
35% of Time the Extended Studies Site Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Extended Studies Site Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.