Job Standard for Facilities Operations, Supervisor
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Facilities Operations, Supervisor Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75139
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Supervisor
- Family: Campus Planning & Facilities
- Function: Facilities Operations Services
Responsible to ensure readiness for cleanliness and facility needs. Manages aspects of infrastructure operations and maintenance. This includes developing, implementing and overseeing a preventative maintenance program. Contribute to sustainable development initiatives.
Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of operational or technical employees. Sets and delegates day-to-day tasks to achieve operational objectives. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks related to the unit; however, supervisory activities must constitute a primary part of the job. Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with departmental or campus policies, procedures, and defined internal controls. Problems typically involve a single area, process or constituent group. Ensures accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working in a housekeeping or custodial department.
- Familiarity with sustainability, green initiatives and/or LEED programs.
- Able to lead and mentor a team, knowledge of supervisory practices
- A leadership style that is results oriented
- Ability to make sound judgement calls in a timely manner
60% of Time the Facilities Operations, Supervisor
- Hires, trains and schedules staff
- Construction & oversight of processes and procedures for equipment and supply needs for events and facility operations
- Project management for housekeeping related projects.
- Establishes work priorities, organizes work schedules, and determines duty assignment so there is little adverse impact on daily operations.
- Monitors facility use to ensure conformance with policies and procedures.
- This position has areas within the facility for which they have an exclusive responsibility for overseeing the cleaning (daily, weekly, monthly, annual tasks).
- Determine feasibility and scope of work and estimates material and personnel requirements.
35% of Time the Facilities Operations, Supervisor
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Facilities Operations, Supervisor
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Facilities Operations, Supervisor
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.