Job Standard for Facility Scheduling Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Facility Scheduling Coordinator Overview
- Person Group: Classified
- Job Code: 05280
- Pay Grade: J
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 3
- Campus Planning & Facilities
- Facilities Operations Services
Regularly works on tasks that are varied and complex. Applies full range and job knowledge; frequently adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet specialized needs; may serve as lead; performs broad and/or focused assignments under general supervision; originality and ingenuity are often required to help establish procedures in functional area; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, including needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records
- Careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Confers with customers to schedule events and determine space, equipment, audio/visual, security, and set-up needs; coordinates food and beverage; interprets and explains university policies and charges; approves contracts or agreements; may develop and implement public relations and marketing strategies; recommends revisions to pricing schedules, computerized scheduling system, and policies and procedures; prepares and/or processes billing for services.
- Coordinates with other departments; resolves complaints and problems.
- Prepares and monitors budget; supervises development; represents the university at meetings; plans space utilization; prepares and supervises the preparation of reports; hires, trains, schedules and evaluates staff.
35% of Time the Facility Scheduling Coordinator
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Facility Scheduling Coordinator
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Not applicable for Facility Scheduling Coordinator
Professional Facility Services Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.