Job Standard for Faculty Development Coordinator, Principal
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Faculty Development Coordinator, Principal Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75025
- Pay Grade: E9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Principal
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Instructional Services
Develops and manages faculty development support programs, consulting on effective and inclusive pedagogy, assessment, and course design, assisting with strategies for student success.
Recognized master in professional discipline with significant impact and influence on campus policy and program development. Establishes critical strategic and operational goals; develops and implements new products, processes, standards or operational plans to achieve strategies. Regularly leads projects of critical importance to the campus; these projects carry substantial consequences of success or failure. Requires significant influence and communication with executive leadership. Problems faced are frequently complex and multidimensional, requiring broad based consideration of variables that impact multiple areas of the organization.
Master’s degree or equivalent plus 8 years relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of effective teaching strategies; ability to apply ideas across disciplines.
- Experience supporting faculty to engage in inclusive teaching and for achieving equitable educational outcomes.
- Ability to draw from the literature around effective teaching and faculty development to inform work.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and cooperatively as a member of a team both within the CTL and across units.
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- Effective consultation skills.
- Ability to facilitate professional development opportunities in various formats to academic audiences.
- Ability to build and manage constructive relationships with faculty, instructional staff, and other campus partners.
- Experience understanding and responding to faculty and student needs for success
- Demonstrated time and project management skills; ability to move multiple initiatives forward at one time.
- Experience leading program development, implementation, and/or assessment.
60 % of Time Faculty Development Coordinator, Principal will:
- Consult with individual faculty to analyze needs and determine goals and support their development as effective teachers.
- Design and facilitate faculty development workshops (both online and in person). Work collaboratively with department staff, and, as appropriate, staff in other units, to build relationships and identify faculty development opportunities.
- Design, facilitate and assess cohort based faculty development programs and respond to the teaching needs of participants.
- Provide leadership for, manage the execution of, and conduct assessment of programs or services.
35% of Time Faculty Development Coordinator, Principal:
Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Faculty Development Coordinator, Principal:
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.