Job Standard for Faculty Development Coordinator, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Faculty Development Coordinator, Sr Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75212
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Instructional Services
Envision and implement efforts toward the development and facilitation of a comprehensive faculty professional development program related to online teaching and learning. This includes identifying training needs, coordinating with subject matter experts, faculty members, and members of campus to design and develop learning opportunities for faculty, and identify qualified facilitators of learning activities.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of areas typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with academic and other administrators, faculty and staff.
- Advanced development and facilitation of a variety of instructional experiences.
- Ability to design and implement programs to ensure institutional compliance with federal, state, and university policies and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, resolve, and develop long-term solutions to a wide variety of complex and unpredictable problems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, multitask and complete tasks with multiple interruptions and distractions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and cooperatively as a member of a team.
60% of Time the Faculty Development Coordinator must:
- Provide support for existing online faculty development offerings.
- Develop and facilitate new faculty development options focused on best practices with online teaching and learning.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the eCampus Faculty Associates in implementing online faculty development opportunities.
- Advertise workshops and other events for online faculty and other relevant campus stakeholders.
- Publicize online faculty development offerings and communicate with potential participants, program coordinators, academic chairs and deans about upcoming opportunities.
- Facilitate or designate individuals to design and/or facilitate faculty development opportunities (workshops, webinars, communities of practice, seminars, conferences, etc) on topics relevant to online teaching and learning.
- Collaborate with academic leaders to identify departmental faculty development needs related to online teaching and learning and identify ways to meet those needs.
- Maintain a current understanding of faculty development research and trends related to online teaching and learning practices.
- Maintain records to track and monitor faculty progress and participation through new and established online faculty development offerings.
- Establish and maintain year-round development opportunities for online faculty
35% of Time the Faculty Development Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Faculty Development Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Faculty Development Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.