Job Standard for Finance, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Finance, Senior Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75210
- Pay Grade: P10
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Finance
Monitor and supervise the staff, systems and operations of a financials office. Assist with strategic financial planning, leading to insightful, accurate business decision-making. Proactively reach out to customers including students, employees, campus users and connect them to campus resources.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years relevant experience including 1 year of managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of best practices and laws regarding collections
- Experience with technology systems and managing bulk processes through technology and systems
- Knowledge or supervisory practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to diffuse tense or sensitive situations
60% of Time the Finance, Senior Manager must:
- Supervise staff who work with, may include, student collections, payments, and bankruptcy, budget, finance systems
- Ensure staff and vendors abide by the relevant best practices and law
- Monitor systems and operations to identify indicators of student financial stress.
- Provides a leadership role in the development of annual budgets. Develop and maintain accounting systems and handle difficult or sensitive financial matters.
- Manage department funds, liaison with other campus departments on finance, or human capital processes and controls, requests or issues. Enforce policies and compliance and work through challenging situations
35% of Time the Finance, Senior Manager
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Finance, Senior Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Finance, Senior Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.