Job Standard for Financial Aid Production, Supervisor
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Financial Aid Production, Supervisor Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75346
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Supervisor
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Financial Aid
Oversee much of the processing activity of financial aid delivery. Boise State receives and processes federal aid applications for all Boise State students.
Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of operational or technical employees. Sets and delegates day-to-day tasks to achieve operational objectives. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks related to the unit; however, supervisory activities must constitute a primary part of the job. Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with departmental or campus policies, procedures, and defined internal controls. Problems typically involve a single area, process or constituent group. Ensures accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Decision making skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or in a group
- Knowledge of supervisory practices
- Strong communication skills
60% of Time the Financial Aid Production, Supervisor must:
- Make hiring recommendations, complete performance evaluations including disciplinary action, schedule, train, create work assignments
- Manage the successful origination and delivery of loans
- Oversee changes made to student’s federal aid records after students have been packaged with aid
- Actively participate in decisions involving aid delivery
- Assist in testing computer modifications
- Ensure timely disbursement of aid
- Act as liaison between Boise State and College of Southern Idaho and Idaho State University
- Build and maintain good working relationships both on and off campus
- Provide training, direction, feedback, and evaluations to staff
35% of Time the Financial Aid Production, Supervisor
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Financial Aid Production, Supervisor
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Financial Aid Production, Supervisor
Financial Aid Production, Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.