Job Standard for Financial Aid & Scholarships, Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Financial Aid & Scholarships, Manager Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75485
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Financial Aid
Responsible for assisting the Director in supervision of daily processes. Oversight management of scholarship administration functions. Develop objectives and recommend changes to existing processes and practices to increase accuracy of information and the office’s efficiency and responsiveness in order to promote the highest level of customer service.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 2 years’ experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of higher education financial aid services and programs
- Ability to interact appropriately with students and co-workers in high stress situations
- Supervisory skills and a general knowledge of personnel management
- Evidence of strong counseling skills to assist students who have unique needs or exceptional circumstances
- Understanding of University policies and governmental regulations as they pertain to scholarships, federal aid, and NCAA requirements
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Excellent written communications skills and attention to detail
60% of Time the Financial Aid & Scholarships, Manager must:
- Manage the Satisfactory Academic Progress process for all students
- Provide compliance guidance to staff
- Create a welcoming and positive relationship with visitors and ensure the interaction is an efficient and satisfying experience
- Analyze the scholarship program for its effectiveness in achieving enrollment goals
- Actively participate in financial aid related outreach events
- Manage and enhance institutional scholarship program
- Obtain and evaluate confidential information from students and parents in order to advise on eligibility for aid, the application process and college financing options
- Maintain accurate student aid records in strict accordance with current federal, state and college regulations governing financial aid
- Participate in and maintain current knowledge via on-going professional development for financial aid functions in Colleague, federal regulations, trends in student aid programs, state laws and procedures, college procedures, and other technical support concerns.
35% of Time the Financial Aid & Scholarships, Manager
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Financial Aid & Scholarships, Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Financial Aid & Scholarships, Manager
Financial Aid & Scholarships, Senior Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.