Job Standard for Financial Aid & Scholarships, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Financial Aid & Scholarships, Senior Manager Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75342
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Financial Aid
Responsible for the direction, stewardship and management activities involving all financial aid and scholarships. Includes strategic planning, managing and developing employees, and balancing student-centered services with adherence to federal regulations.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience, plus 5 years professional experience, including 1-year managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of financial aid legislation and internal and external reporting requirements
- Ability to objectively evaluate student aid eligibility in accordance with the applicable guidelines
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in managing and coaching staff
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills with attention to detail.
60% of Time the Financial Aid & Scholarships, Senior Manager must:
- Serves as a liaison between multiple stakeholder groups and is responsible for continuous communication
- Oversee the development. communications and preparation of scholarship reports, implements technology to support efficient scholarship processes, and collaborates within the financial aid office and with campus and external stakeholders to assist in creating a forward-thinking student services experience.
- Works collaboratively with the offices of Financial Aid, Student Recruitment, Admissions and Development, the academic colleges and schools, and the Scholarship Committee to select and distribute scholarships.
- Counsels students and families in person, via email, and via phone regarding all matters pertaining to scholarships and financial aid from all sources.
- Remain current on all federal regulatory requirements and program changes relative to all forms of aid for which students are qualified
- Maintains effective and comprehensive customer service amongst a fast-paced and engaged department with student service environment
- Educate and train new staff on scholarship and financial aid policies and procedures
35% of Time the Financial Aid & Scholarships, Senior Manager
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Financial Aid & Scholarships, Senior Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Financial Aid & Scholarships, Senior Manager
Financial Aid & Scholarships Director
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.