Job Standard for Football Administration Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Football Administration Coordinator
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75106
- Pay Grade: P10
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Assistant Director
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
Assists the Head Coach with all internal matters pertaining to the day to day internal and external development and operations of the football program. Oversees all administrative staff within the football program.
Manages a large team typically consisting of both experienced professionals and subordinate Managers. Focuses on tactical and operational plans with short to mid-term focus; significant responsibility to achieve broadly stated goals through subordinate Managers. Determines objectives, directs programs, develops strategies and policies, manages human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a high degree of autonomy. Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project or program teams in one department/job family. Proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Determines campus strategies for a program with campus wide impact.
Bachelor’s Degree 7 years of professional experience or equivalent with 3 years managerial experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Must have football coaching experience and/or playing experience and/or administrative experience.
- Experience of event scheduling methods, facility use agreements, and event planning processes.
60% of Time the Football Administration Coordinator must:
- Day-to-day management of all departments internally within the football program
- Complete budget oversight of all departments within the football program.
- Works with Athletics Administration on all football staffing hires to ensure a smooth onboarding process.
- Primary liaison from the football department with campus, the community and the athletic department.
- Oversee Creative Team for social media, graphic design and video production.
- Football staff liaison with the Media Relations department for branding and messaging.
- Complete oversight of all team travel requirements for football travel, including close budget management.
- This position will develop the complete calendar for the team. Within the calendar includes, but is not limited to: off-season workout times (conditioning & weight lifting), community service, in-season workouts, meal, training table, study hall, road trip details, etc.
- Primary Liaison from the football department with the athletic compliance office, including helping lead and execute every other week compliance and football operations meetings.
- Foster and build relationships with outside donors and football coach’s club members to help promote the football team and university.
35% of Time the Football Administration Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Football Administration Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.