Job Standard for Football Recruitment Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Football Recruitment Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75039
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
This position will serve in the role of managing the entire football recruiting operation, while also overseeing projected roster numbers and roster management as the Director of Recruiting. This includes managing the football recruiting budget, advising the head coach and assistant coaches on all administrative areas involving recruiting and overseeing all administrative recruiting duties.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA Rules – This position shall have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Football experience – This position must have football coaching experience and/or playing experience and/or administrative experience.
- Recruiting – The ability to compare and organize prospects into priority lists. Maintain correspondence with a large number of prospects: e-mail, letters, phone.
- Communication Skills – This position is expected to have a high level of communication skills and the ability to work well with many people.
- Computer skills – This position is expected to have computer literacy.
60% of Time the Football Recruitment Coordinator must:
- Oversee all aspects of recruiting for the football program.
- Regular communication with the Athletic Department Compliance Office and understanding of NCAA and University Admissions rules and regulations, while scheduling and documenting monthly coaching staff compliance sessions.
- Oversee and manage Graduate Assistants, Interns and Temporary Positions for recruiting.
- Maintain recruiting software, monitor the various recruiting services (Scout/Rival/ESPN), analyze national recruiting trends and research/review each area.
- Oversee all on-campus recruiting including correspondence with recruits, the NLI process, recruiting boards, depth charts and player rankings.
- Oversee football recruiting budget, while evaluating department needs, direct the purchases and report budget status to the Head Football Coach, as requested.
35% of Time the Football Recruitment Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Football Recruitment Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
This position will be required to travel and work nights and weekends regularly.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business needs, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.