Job Standard for Fundraising & Development Program, Assist. Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Fundraising & Development Program, Assist. Director Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code:75431
- Pay Grade: P11
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Assistant Director
- Family: External Affairs
- Function: Development
This position provides leadership and set strategic direction for executing a successful program, including oversight of business operations, prospect research and programming..
Manages a large team typically consisting of both experienced professionals and subordinate Managers. Focuses on tactical and operational plans with short to mid term focus; significant responsibility to achieve broadly stated goals through subordinate Managers. Determines objectives, directs programs, develops strategies and policies, manages human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a high degree of autonomy. Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project or program teams in one dept/job family. Proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Determines campus strategies for a program with campus wide impact.
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years experience including 3 yrs managerial experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strategic thinker with strong management and communication skills
- Experience managing a complex team while maintaining an agile framework
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Strong written and oral business communication skills, with the ability to work with other members across the university
- Experience working effectively in a team environment or independently
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be organized and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure
- Project management skills
- Strong program management experience in the areas of prospect research and management, development and advancement services
- High degree of integrity and ethical judgement.Essential Functions
60% of Time Fundraising & Development Program, Assistant Director
- Provide oversight and management including administration of annual work plans, budgets, goals, and personnel.
- Provide leadership and set strategic direction, qualification and rating, management and tracking.
- Work with university leadership and gift officers to create cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies
- Develop and implement methods for identifying new potential donor prospects for university philanthropic priorities.
- Manage, mentor and coach staff
35% of Time Fundraising & Development Program, Assistant Director
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Fundraising & Development Program, Assistant Director
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Travel locally to event locations or overnight
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.