Job Standard for Grader 1
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Grader 1 Overview
- Person Group: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 95025
- Pay Grade: E
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 1
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
To support instructors
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally, works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.
Must have had a passing grade in the course that is being graded
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to listen to and understand information and directions presented through written and spoken words
- Ability to communicate information in writing and speaking so others will understand
- Ability to follow the directions of higher-level staff
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner
60 % of Time Grader 1 will:
- Review and grade homework and exams
- Assigns grades with guidance from instructor
- Typically works for remedial or 100 level courses
- Reports grades to instructor
35% of Time Grader 1:
Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Grader 1:
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
No travel required for Grader 1
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.