Job Standard for Graphic Designer, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Graphic Designer, Associate Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75611
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Communications and Marketing
- Function: Creative Services
To perform professional graphic design and art work for camera ready printed material; to provide consultation in graphic design. Create and assemble images and graphics to produce designs for websites, print media, product design, displays and productions.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles including design software to be involved in producing graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, films, packaging and informative and instructional material through a variety of media outlets.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Ability to think creatively in developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
60 % of Time Graphic Designer, Associate will:
- This position will support the creation and implementation of graphics that are “on brand” through multiple forms of media: print, digital, social, and web; while providing additional support to fulfill any of the department needs.
- Collaborate with Staff, Marketing, and Creative Services to plan and create effective content to support the department.
- Assist the external department in the production of annual digital/social media plans to enhance and develop the Boise State brand, social media platform, video websites and athletic events, to include new initiatives through the research of best practices.
- Design and manage graphics, which is coordinated through the external department. Management will consist of, but not limited to, creating interactive content and monitoring the statistics of the outbound messaging.
35% of Time Graphic Designer, Associate:
Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Graphic Designer, Associate:
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Ability to travel.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.