Job Standard for Health Educator, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Health Educator, Associate Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75360
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Health Services
- Function: Health Education
Develop and present health education and promotion programs, such as training workshops, conferences, and school or community presentations, develop educational materials and programs for students.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self-development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the elements of health education programming
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to develop high-quality health promotion materials
- Good knowledge of: the techniques for collecting and compiling data, and the means of disseminating educational information to the public through various mass and audio and visual media.
- Experience: with education/training program operations and group facilitation; making demonstrations to large groups of people.
60 % of Time Health Educator, Associate will:
- Assist in developing written programs/projects materials and correspondence
- Compile and assess data, summarize and identify key elements as needed
- Monitor inventory of products and promotional items
- Create financial assessments for current and future budget needs
- Assist in the development of strategic goals and priorities of department program/project.
- Provide additional administrative support as needed
35% of Time Health Educator, Associate:
Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Health Educator, Associate:
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Not applicable for Health Educator, Associate
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.