Job Standard for Housing Operations, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Housing Operations, Senior Manager Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75351
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Housing
Develop and directly manage all aspects of the department’s summer conference program and guest housing.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5 years experience including 1 managerial
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to supervise and manage an office setting
- Knowledge of accounting and finance necessary to develop and interpret department reports, budgets, and forecasting materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad clientele base, University and local community members, and employees.
60% of Time the Housing Operations, Senior Manager must:
- Coordinate all aspects of the conference and guest housing operation including: short term faculty/staff/guest housing and summer conferences
- Ensure a single statement, contract, and point of contact for clients when doing a comprehensive booking through Conference & Guest Housing
- Monitor facility conditions and maintenance needs for summer conferences and faculty/staff/guest housing – make customer centric modifications when necessary
- Lead clients and staff in the logistics of planning implementation of over 55 summer conferences with unique programming, needs, and requirements – from initial inquiry to completion
- Research and implement innovative best practices, procedural improvements, and cost-savings initiatives in all areas – evaluate their relevance and scalability to our operation
- Develop and maintain strong, positive collaborations with various on and off campus partners and vendors to supply addition services and amenities for clients
- Market Conference & Guest Housing to prospective internal and external clients
- Hire, train, supervise, manage workflow, and evaluate all staff positions
- Handle employee relation issues, timesheets, payroll approval, and other HR related tasks
35% of Time the Housing Operations, Senior Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Apartment/Guest Services, Supervisor
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Housing Operations, Senior Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.