Job Standard for Housing, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Housing, Senior Manager Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75786
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Housing
Provide visionary leadership to the following elements of an intentional on-campus living environment for college students: Assignments, Billing, Conference and Guest Housing, Customer Service, Information Technology, Marketing, and Outreach. This includes, but is not limited to supervising Assignments, Conference and Guest Housing, Customer Service, and Information Technology full-time staff and serving as the liaison with Student Affairs Marketing to update and maintain all marketing/messaging efforts for the department.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area. May report to a Chair, Unit Director, or equivalent administrative management.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience plus 5 years experience including 1 year managerial experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience supervising professional staff in addition to knowledge of inclusive and effective recruitment
- Administrative skills, including the ability to organize a variety of projects in all areas of the department
- Experience working in a professional position in residence life
- Knowledge of student development theory to inform programs, services, policies and procedures
- Knowledge and/or experience overseeing conference or guest housing at a college or university
60% of the Time the Housing, Senior Manager must:
- Responsible for the overall development and collaborative implementation of an on-campus housing operation where student-centered learning, success, and service are paramount.
- Implements initiatives, programs, services, and expectations that are consistent with the values, missions, and visions of Housing and Residence Life, Student Affairs, and Boise State University.
- Responds to the needs and problems of residents and parents/family members in a conscientious, appropriate, and timely manner. Meets with students, investigates issues, provides written follow-up to student concerns/complaints. Resolves severe or sensitive student or parental/family member concerns and makes report of resolution to the Director, Dean of Students office, Vice President of Student Affairs, and/or President’s office, when applicable.
- Oversees and audits all campus housing assignment and billing processes including large, on-going and special assignments, as well as the housing database including
room changes, contract cancellations, and room accounts.
- Develops and implements improved housing operations and customer service processes based upon best practices and assessment.
- Make hiring recommendations, complete performance evaluations, create training schedules, make work assignments and guide day to day responsibilities of direct reports
- Designs and implements an intentional and comprehensive training program for professional and paraprofessional staff across Housing Operations, connecting all staff and focusing on relationship building, concepts of learning, and inclusive excellence.
35% of the Time the Housing, Senior Manager
- Determined by department needs
5% of the Time the Housing, Senior Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Housing, Senior Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.