Job Standard for HPL Instructor
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
HPL Instructor Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75428
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Health Services
- Function: Health Education
Provide faculty support by instructing various academic courses and administer performance tests using equipment in the Human Performance Laboratory.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General laboratory equipment knowledge
- Lab skills for all techniques that may be used/taught in labs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of laboratory policies and procedures
- Ability to administer and instruct courses
60% of Time the HPL Instructor must:
- Teach varying Human Performance Laboratory based courses.
- Coordinate with faculty to provide instruction, content, and skills consistent with course learning outcomes.
- Plan and deliver effective instruction for laboratory course sections.
- Provide students with meaningful feedback, grade performance, and report grades to the registrar.
- Coordinate and conduct human performance testing.
- Market and grow HPL testing services.
35% of Time the HPL Instructor
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the HPL Instructor
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for HPL Instructor
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.