Job Standard for Identity Access Management, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Identity Access Management, Senior Manager Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75700
- Pay Grade: P13
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Information Technology
- Function: Cloud Infrastructure Services
Provide forward-looking and day-to-day application administration support as needed. Apply updates and fixes to various applications which may include, but are not limited to document imaging, custom web applications, content management, room/event scheduling, IT service management, learning management and data warehouse/reporting. Act as escalation contact for first and second level application admins. Escalate issues to lead or manager as necessary.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of the following software, languages and tools: Windows Server, Apache Tomcat/Web server, IIS, Linux/Unix systems and software.
- Knowledge of or experience with the following technologies: SQL Administration (MySQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL), Federated Authentication (ADFS, Shibboleth, OpenID, etc).
- Strong knowledge in load balancing methodology and in redundant and high availability services.
- Ability to set priorities and follow project schedules.
- Knowledge of database connectivity issues. Knowledge of integration processes with directory services
- Knowledge of TCP/IP connectivity over an Ethernet based network. Knowledge of Java and/or .NET applications and architecture.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of supervisory skills
- Strong organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to work with and communicate with people of various knowledge levels from the very technical to the casual user.
- Strong customer service skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
60% of Time the Identity Access Management, Senior Manager must:
- Act as a point of contact for various application vendors whose applications the University has licensed.
- Monitor, download and apply upgrades, updates and fixes for the supported applications.
- Monitor applications and services provided by those applications using monitoring tools.
- Provide before, after hours and weekend support for migrations, updates, fixes and issues as needed.
- Provide technical assistance and consulting to functional areas and other teams around the University on problems that may be server or application related.
- Plan, test and implement configuration changes for service improvements including performance tuning, integration changes, updating from new best practices and updates to security configurations as needed based on best practices or recommendations from Information Security Services including adjustments to TLS settings and separation of privileges for service accounts
- •Administer application security as needed at the server level.
- Document process diagrams, data flow diagrams, flow charts, data maps and data dictionaries as appropriate
- Script or create simple programs to automate daily operational tasks
- Review and propose standards and procedures. Update operations and user documentation as needed.
- Work with TSS area to deploy desktop applications to end-user, as needed.
- Maintain technical knowledge of various applications and development tools and disseminate knowledge
- Create and present technical sessions to the team.
- Promote teamwork by being a team player. Provide technical assistance to team members as needed.
- Setup the application environments to include application server and web server, as needed.
- Maintain documentation of environment architecture to ensure accuracy.
- Provide coaching, mentorship, performance management to staff
35% of Time the Identity Access Management, Senior Manager
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Identity Access Management, Senior Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. General office work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
May be required to travel with overnight stays for training.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.