Job Standard for Integration Developer 2
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Integration Developer 2 Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75759
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Information Technology
- Function: Applications Development
Plans, designs, builds, tests and maintains the integrations and web services between enterprise systems to meet the needs of critical business processes for University students, staff and faculty, as well as prospective students and the general public. The Integration Developer series supports academic and administrative functions of the University.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field plus 2 years minimum experience in similar type of work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience developing in an object-oriented programming language such as C#, .Net or Java.
- Experience developing and maintaining web services for enterprise applications
- Experience with one or more Learning Management Systems (LMS) systems including Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, etc.
- Familiarity with service bus concept for enterprise integration.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with relational database technology.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and to write complex SQL statements.
- Proficiency with one or more procedural and/or object oriented programming languages.
- Ability to contribute to technical conversations and collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical staff members.
- Demonstrated successful performance with coordinating and completing multiple tasks to meet aggressive and changing deadlines.
60% of Time the Integration Developer 2 must:
- Support and Maintain Assigned Software:
- Provides incident/problem resolution and on-call support for enterprise web service integration, web services, and assigned enterprise web applications during and outside of business hours and weekends as required.
- Contacts and works with software vendor(s) to resolve issues in delivered software. Follow-up with vendor(s) and escalate support requests as necessary.
- Reapply integration customizations and configurations
- Uses tracing and debugging tools as necessary and interprets logs and traces.
- Develop and Enhance Software and Integration:
- Collaborates with users, customers, business analysts and other technical staff to review software requirements and functional specifications, identifying potential gaps between customer requirements and the capabilities of existing technology and resources, and recommending designs that are user-friendly and compliant with technical requirements.
- Writes new and/or modifies existing integrations and services according to standards. Consults with other more senior staff and users in design of solutions. Problems are typically moderate complexity, although may implement solutions to more complex solutions with input and guidance from more senior staff.
- Test New and Changed Software and Integrations:
- Create and execute automated tests and manual tests as needed following best practices and procedures.
- Document New and Changed Software and Integrations:
- Documents problem resolutions clearly and concisely in tracking system(s) according to department standards.
- Work with Integration Developer IV to establish standards and to document the services layer.
- Development of Self:
- Stays current with relevant advances in technologies via on-the-job training, attending technical courses or conferences, reading, research, etc.
- Modifies behaviors based on learning from experience, peer feedback, and on performance feedback.
- Project Work and Reporting:
- Able to identify technical tasks required for a project and provide estimates for tasks.
- Provides estimates for tasks based on experience, team standards, and with input from more senior staff. Provides status reports, exchanges relevant information with management and project teams, and meets timelines.
35% of Time the Integration Developer 2
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Integration Developer 2
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General Office; sedentary work–sitting most of time.
May be required to travel with overnight stays.
Integration Developer 3
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.