Job Standard for Integration Developer 3
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Integration Developer 2 Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75760
- Pay Grade: P11
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Information Technology
- Function: Applications Development
Plans, designs, builds, tests, and maintains the integrations and web services between enterprise systems to meet the needs of critical business processes for University students, staff and faculty, as well as prospective students and the general public. The Integration Developer series supports academic and administrative functions of the University.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related field plus 5 years minimum experience in similar type of work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience developing integrations to on-premise and cloud-based systems.
- Web application build and deployment including manual builds and continuous integration.
- Proficient in Oracle SQL and/or Microsoft SQL.
- Familiarity with service bus concept for enterprise integration.
- Proficiency with one or more procedural and/or object oriented programming languages.
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle (SDLC), including waterfall and iterative approaches.
- Excellent organizational and communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise applications and be an expert in using multiple development tools within a specific enterprise product.
60% of Time the Integration Developer 2 must:
- Support and Maintain Assigned Software:
- Provides incident/problem resolution and on-call support for enterprise web service integration, web services, and assigned enterprise web applications during and outside of business hours and weekends as required.
- Resolves incidents/problems in web service integration, web services, PeopleSoft Integration Broker, and assigned enterprise web applications. Incidents generally are highly complex and without precedent.
- Investigates, analyzes, and researches to get beyond symptoms to identify the root cause of issues.
- Demonstrates quality, efficiency, and accountability in the process of resolving incidents by delivering accurate, timely solutions that meet customer needs.
- Contacts and works with software vendor(s) to resolve issues in delivered software. Follow-up with vendor(s) and escalate support requests as necessary.
- Develop and Enhance Software and Integration:
- Collaborates with users, customers, business analysts and other technical staff to review software requirements and functional specifications, identifying potential gaps between customer requirements and the capabilities of existing technology and resources, and recommending designs that are user-friendly and compliant with technical requirements.
- Performs impact analysis of proposed new and proposed changes to integration.
- Test New and Changed Software and Integrations:
- Create and execute automated tests and manual tests as needed following best practices and procedures.
- Document New and Changed Software and Integrations:
- Documents problem resolutions clearly and concisely in tracking system(s) according to department standards.
- Document and diagram technical solutions in technical designs and other documents following department standards and best practices.
- Development of Self:
- Stays current with relevant advances in technologies via on-the-job training, attending technical courses or conferences, reading, research, etc.
- Follows best practices and procedures and shares knowledge with team members.
- Project Work and Reporting:
- Able to identify technical tasks required for a project and provide estimates for tasks.
- Follows project plans; records and tracks progress of project tasks, features, and improvements. Reports status in a timely manner.
35% of Time the Integration Developer 3
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Integration Developer 3
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General Office; sedentary work–sitting most of time.
May be required to travel with overnight stays.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.