Job Standard for Integration Developer 4
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Integration Developer 4 Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75761
- Pay Grade: P13
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Principal
- Family: Information Technology
- Function: Applications Development
OIT’s Integration Developer 4 plans, designs, builds, tests and maintains the integrations and web services between enterprise systems to meet the needs of critical business processes for University students, staff and faculty, as well as prospective students and the general public. The Integration Developer series supports academic and administrative functions of the University.
Recognized master in professional discipline with significant impact and influence on campus policy and program development. Establishes critical strategic and operational goals; develops and implements new products, processes, standards or operational plans to achieve strategies. Regularly leads projects of critical importance to the campus; these projects carry substantial consequences of success or failure. Requires significant influence and communication with executive leadership. Problems faced are frequently complex and multidimensional, requiring broad based consideration of variables that impact multiple areas of the organization.
Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of experience or equivalent. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience developing in an object-oriented programming language such as C# .Net or Java.
- Experience developing and maintaining web services for enterprise applications
- Experience developing integrations to on-premise and cloud-based systems.
- Experience with SOAP, REST, JSON, WADL specifications.
- Experience with XML/XSL and WS Security.
- Experience with one or more Learning Management Systems (LMS) systems including Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, etc.
- Web application build and deployment including manual builds and continuous integration.
- Familiarity with service bus concept for enterprise integration.
- Experience troubleshooting integration and web services.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with relational database technology.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and to write complex SQL statements.
- Proficiency with one or more procedural and/or object oriented programming languages.
- Ability to contribute to technical conversations and collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical staff members.
- Demonstrated successful performance with coordinating and completing multiple tasks to meet aggressive and changing deadlines.
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle (SDLC), including waterfall and iterative approaches.
- Experience with user interface design and knowledge of usability best practices.
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise applications and be an expert in using multiple development tools within a specific enterprise product.
- Demonstrated experience in a related role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization and working independently to successfully support, maintain and enhance PeopleSoft or other enterprise applications is preferred.
60 % of Time Integration Developer 4 will:
- Incumbents in this position are expected to have senior knowledge in a number of enterprise web applications and web services, ability to use development and technical tools to maintain and enhance integrations. The assignments typically require originality and ingenuity and typically include complex requirements, features and integrations; changes to existing business processes and creation of new business processes; support of vendor-supplied integrations; and/or software modifications. This position generally requires direction from more senior technical staff or a supervisor / manager. Mentors junior staff.
- Senior knowledge of principles, practices, standards and procedures in one or more functions of the job. Demonstrates knowledge of established procedures, standards and professional judgment to plan and accomplish tasks. Limited judgment and decision-making latitude. Collaborates with team members and other staff to develop, design, implement and continuously improve services and deliverables to meet business needs. Demonstrates relationship building, effective communication skills and quality service in the process of collaborating with, supporting, advising and educating clients, team members and other University departments. Takes responsibility for work while seeking direction, guidance or assistance as needed. Position requires occasional on-call availability and requires occasional work outside of regular business hours and weekends.
- This position generally works independently, requiring limited direction from more senior staff and/or management. Recommends training plans. Mentor teammates to help them increase their technical skills and competencies, select optimal technical alternatives and to increase knowledge of the software development process.
- This position also sets and maintains standards, security documentation and change management procedures for enterprise services.
35% of Time Integration Developer 4:
- Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Integration Developer 4:
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General Office – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. General office work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
On-Call – May require on-call availability and may require working during non-business hours and on weekends. Punctual, regular and consistent attendance is required.
May be required to travel with overnight stays.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.