Job Standard for IT Communication and Training Specialist
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
IT Communication and Training Specialist Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75569
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Information Technology
- Function: IT Communications and Training
The purpose of this position is to work closely with the Communications & Training Manager and Training Coordinator for the University Enterprise Roadmap and the Office of Information Technology (OIT) to develop and provide training for students, faculty and staff on enterprise systems and procedures. This position will also design and deliver written communications; maintain and develop the websites; manage the social media and web communication presence; engage with the campus community to assess and evaluate training and communication needs and services; and administer server-based standardized training software for the University.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of relevant professional experience or equivalent. Prefer degree in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working as a trainer or training coordinator.
- Experience working with WordPress and HTML.
- Knowledge and understanding in the development of training materials. Experience providing training to diverse constituent groups.
- Experience with screen capture tools and other current training software applications.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to present and explain complex technical topics, problems, alternative solutions to others.
- Prefer technical writing experience for communicating complex technical processes and systems for end users with varying ranges of technical experience.
- Ability to determine when to perform training by his/herself and when to seek an alternative resource.
60% of Time the IT Communication and Training Specialist must:
- Coordinate and perform regular training for campus areas on various subject matters
- Work with internal and external resources to identify various topics or subject areas, identify the scope of the required training and skill level of the individuals involved.
- Work with project leads and OIT leadership to establish appropriate schedules.
- Coordinate with internal and external (vendor) organizations where necessary to deliver training.
- Assess existing web content and ensure content is updated and relevant per system changes, new technologies and user feedback.
- Migrate OIT and Roadmap websites to new University WordPress theme and design vision.
- Facilitate, coordinate, write and publish blog content for Roadmap website.
- Develop and edit video and screencasts and embed into Roadmap and OIT websites.
- Manage social media efforts of OIT and Roadmap communications via Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and other relevant technologies.
- Supervise graphic designer to deliver image content websites.
- Ensure communication and technical writing standards are followed.
- Work with project leads, OIT managers and others to develop and deliver mass or targeted IT communications via video, email, screencast, web and other delivery systems.
- Work with OIT PeopleSoft Administrators and Applications Administrators to manage software.
- Position will co-supervise Communications Student Employee by coordinating scheduling and making work assignments.
35% of Time the IT Communication and Training Specialist
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the IT Communication and Training Specialist
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General Office – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. General office work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
May be required to travel with overnight stays.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.