Job Standard for Lecturer 1
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Lecturer I Overview
- Work Type: Faculty
- Job Code: 70361
- Pay Grade: LCT1
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Level 1
- Family: Faculty
- Function: Instruction (Non Tenure) Faculty
Lecturers are non-tenure-track faculty whose primary responsibility is teaching non-clinical courses in degree and/or certificate programs for an academic year.
Non-tenure, may undertake teaching, research and administrative duties within a specialist subject area. Less than four years of contractual experience which may involve teaching while on a lecturer contract at Boise State University or equivalent position at another institution.
Masters degree with less than four years of contractual experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of online learning best practices.
- Reliable, dedicated, productive, and adaptable.
- Ability to actively listen and appropriately respond to students, colleagues, and leadership.
- Work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Exemplify professionalism and integrity.
- Thrive, engage, and work effectively in a dynamic, highly collaborative, results-driven, and interactive environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
60% of Time the Lecturer I must:
- Teach Courses
- Design, develop, and deliver material using a range of methods and platforms.
- Create course material, lesson plans, and curricula
- Engage with students, assist with processing applications, and also attend interviews, conferences, and meetings
35% of Time the Lecturer I must:
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Lecturer I must:
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Lecturer I
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.