Job Standard for Live Video Production Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Live Video Production Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75926
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Broadcasting
This position will be responsible for overseeing the video live-production needs of the external department within athletics across all sporting events. This position will manage and oversee digital event streams and digital technology for sports events within the department.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through utilization of prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to ensure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus minimum of 2 years relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A strong knowledge of various live production technologies, including broadcast cameras, Newtek products, and other industry standard live production equipment.
- A strong knowledge of computer/server components, both internal and external, and how they work in a controlled network setting.
- Ability to work on a broadcast truck in a variety of positions, from director/producer to replay and camera operation.
- Understand specific software used for the purpose of filming, digitizing, editing and overall manipulation of both practice and game film for the purpose of coaches’ study.
- This position shall have a knowledge and understanding of all NCAA and conference rules and regulations regarding compliance issues and film trade.
- Strong people skills in order to staff, organize and provide support to coworkers to communicate and work as an effective team during practice and games with an emphasis on being proper ambassadors both at home and away from the university
60% of Time the Live Video Production Manager must:
- Act as Director/Producer for Mountain West Network Broadcasts
- Manage staff to oversee completion of all content by live production office.
- Oversee production shoots, including digital media for distribution of content in various formats for broadcast, web and mobile platforms, utilizing both cinematic camcorders and shoulder-mount ENG cameras for highlight shooting, storytelling shots and general content gathering.
- Act as technical support for press conferences.
- Assist in archiving of broadcast footage through proper labeling.
- Manage relationship with Bronco Sports Properties to integrate sponsor elements within live broadcasts.
- Oversee staff to create video initiatives that assist in recruiting fans and players to follow any and all athletic social media content that is produced.
- Edit pre-production content to enhance the live broadcasts.
35% of Time the Live Video Production Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Live Video Production Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Position is required to travel with the sports teams to away competitions as necessary
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.