Job Standard for Management Systems Coordinator 1
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Management Systems Coordinator 1 Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75267
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Information Technology
- Function: Business Systems Analysis & Support
This position performs the majority of tasks analyzing and evaluating user software and system needs. Handles standard maintenance activities and trouble shoots common service requests.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent progressively responsible professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to adapt to changing workplace technology
- Highly organized, able to work effectively across organizational boundaries
- Experience providing user level support for an automated processing system and web-based applications
60% of Time the Management Systems Coordinator 1 must:
- Run and monitor daily processes; develop strategies and methods for automated system improvements.
- Identifies test case criteria; reviews, analyzes and documents test results and recommends changes to achieve desired results. Review application systems modules and documentation to ensure applications are properly developed and implemented into production according with department standards and customer requirements
- Respond to end-user inquiries by providing support and assistance in the definition and resolution to problems. Be able to communicate with staff and team members to include them in the solution. Monitors adherence to protocols and user manual instructions; train users when new features are added.
- Create and design queries of data, collaborate with other team members and users to identify problem areas and be proactive in recommending solutions to problems.
35% of Time the Management Systems Coordinator 1
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Management Systems Coordinator 1
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Campus and various external sites, office environment
Not applicable for Management Systems Coordinator 1
Management Systems Coordinator 2
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.