Job Standard for Management Systems Coordinator 2
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Management Systems Coordinator 2 Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75266
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Information Technology
- Function: Business Systems Analysis & Support
This position manages maintenance activities within required deadlines and responds to the campus community requests for maintenance while developing strategies and methods for automated system improvements.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and /or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of experience, or equivalent progressively responsible professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to adapt to changing workplace technology
- Highly organized, able to work effectively across organizational boundaries
- Knowledge of systems analysis and operating system environments
- Ability to develop technical documentation such as job recovery procedures, IT standards or a data dictionary
60% of Time the Management Systems Coordinator 2 must:
- Participates in software and integration testing; reviews, analyzes and documents test results and recommends changes to achieve desired results. Reviews new functionality and communicates and trains other system users.
- Analyze and review application systems modules and documentation to ensure applications are properly developed and implemented into production according with department standards and customer requirements, maintain the development and production environments, run processes, and assist developers in diagnosing production problems.
- Create and design queries of data, collaborate with other team members and users to identify problem areas and be proactive in recommending solutions to problems. Participate in group projects or in one-to-one meetings with client users to design, test, and train in the specific applications and improve their skills in systems analysis.
35% of Time the Management Systems Coordinator 2
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Management Systems Coordinator 2
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Campus and various external sites, office environment
Not applicable for Management Systems Coordinator 2
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.