Job Standard for Manufacturing Specialist, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Manufacturing Specialist, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75196
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Management Consulting
Provide assistance to improve production procedures, processes and controls. To provide technical and training assistance to Idaho’s small and medium manufacturers to help them improve their profits, products and services. Responsible for establishing and developing relationships with manufacturers to determine company needs.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to problem solve
- Experience in manufacturing process improvement, consultancy skills, interpersonal, negotiation, and client relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Requires use/operation of PC and following computer software: Excel, Word
- Knowledge implementing lean manufacturing principles
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
60% of Time the Manufacturing Specialist, Senior must:
- Initiate, revise, and approve manufacturing procedures. Ensure all procedures reflect current operations
- Representing TechHelp and Boise State University in various public forums with the purpose of informing potential clients of service capabilities
- Assess process performance by observation of floor operations and review of performance data
- Managing projects and being the delivery resource on client projects, particularly in the area of continuous improvement, focused on workforce development, and reduction of waste
- Provide troubleshooting support
- Assist in the generation of training materials and may assist in providing training
- Provides direction and oversight to ensure the technical problems of moderate scope and complexity are avoided and/or resolved
- Responsible for managing projects which are of relatively low risk and complexity or a portion of a larger project
35% of Time the Manufacturing Specialist, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Manufacturing Specialist, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Manufacturing Specialist, Senior
Manufacturing Specialist, Principal
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.