Job Standard for Manufacturing Specialist
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Manufacturing Specialist Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75572
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Management Consulting
To provide technical and training assistance to Idaho’s small and medium manufacturers to help them improve their profits, products and services. Responsible for establishing and developing relationships with manufacturers to determine company needs. Acts as a contact for resource partners and work as a member of a multidisciplinary team designed to offer clients access to a wide range of valuable resources.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to build relationships with senior managers
- Experience in product development and engineering environment
- Experience as a mechanical or product engineer; consultancy skills: interpersonal, negotiation, client relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
60% of Time the Manufacturing Specialist must:
- Privately contact and inform manufacturing company decision makers of service capabilities
- Conduct and report formal company needs assessments
- Prepare proposals to companies for projects responsive to their needs
- Report regularly on company contacts, projects, events, and project results and impacts
- Support the educational events relevant to manufacturers
- Act as a resource when appropriate for activities being conducted by the organization
- Develop an on-going relationship with other public and private organizations in the region
- Participate in the development of the organization
- Other indirect activities as assigned
35% of Time the Manufacturing Specialist
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Manufacturing Specialist
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Manufacturing Specialist
Manufacturing Specialist, Senior
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.