Job Standard for Marketing Operations Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Marketing Operations Coordinator Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75818
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Marketing
The marketing coordinator will work with a cross-functional team of creative professionals throughout the creative process to track, coordinate, and implement marketing deliverables/tactics such as advertising, social media, design, email communication, websites, and content, and traffic final assets to vendors, team members, and the university community. This position will schedule campaign/project meetings and maintain creative briefs that list all deliverables and align the team on project goals. This role will enter and coordinate deliverables from the brief into the project management system and connect with stakeholders throughout the creative process to track progress and approval of each deliverable in order to meet deadlines. Manage internal business operations, oversee employee activity.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to generate, cultivate and maintain business relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions and problem solve.
- Ability to compose written material with a succinct message and free of spelling or grammatical errors.
- Good knowledge of: creative directions and design best practices; the print industry and mailing regulations; developing and implementing communication and marketing plans, and project coordination.
- Experience: implementing marketing and advertising plans across various platforms including social media as well as computer literacy using creative suite software.
60% of Time the Marketing Operations Coordinator must:
- Maintain professional flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing priorities.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to manage, coordinate, and deliver project deliverables/tactics to meet deadlines.
- Collaborate closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects, including planning, gathering specifications/requirements, coordinating content, tracking progress of project, approvals, timelines, and budget. Coordinate a shared google drive for the Office of Communications and Marketing.
35% of Time the Marketing Operations Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Marketing Operations Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Marketing Operations Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.