Job Standard for Marketing/Promotion Coordinator, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Marketing/Promotion Coordinator, Senior Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75177
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Marketing
Work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues and senior management on marketing and business development projects. Direct and coordinate the marketing and public relations activities and lead proposal efforts from kick-off call to proposal submission.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures. Typically hold a Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to sell ideas and motivate personnel
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle a variable workload and meet deadlines
- Highly organized, hardworking, dynamic, and takes initiative
- Good knowledge of: editing skills with an eye for detail; web technologies.
- Experience: communicating efficiently, both verbally and in writing; collecting and analyzing data; strong understanding of social media related platforms, Microsoft Office products and marketing analytics.
60% of Time the Marketing/Promotion Coordinator, Senior must:
- Support employee marketing initiatives including marketing events, media activity, speaking engagements and trade shows.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive public relations program that builds cooperative relationships with representatives of community, public interest groups and the media to generate positive, professional name recognition for the specified department.
- Maintain a sound understanding of departmental and university policies, academic requirements, ability to navigate university channels, and balance the needs of faculty, staff and students.
- Provides value added input on strategy, resources, teaming partners, and cross selling opportunities
35% of Time the Marketing/Promotion Coordinator, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Marketing/Promotion Coordinator, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Marketing/Promotion Coordinator, Senior
Marketing and Promotions Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.