Job Standard for Marketing/Promotions Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Marketing/Promotions Coordinator Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75175
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Marketing
Advances and protects Boise State’s institutional identity by assisting in the development and implementation of marketing plans, advertisements, special projects, website management, social media management and graphic design. Creates, coordinates, implements and analyzes marketing and communication directed at relevant audiences.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees. Typically hold a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to generate, cultivate and maintain business relationships with corporate community, maintain a high level of communication skills and work well with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions and problem solve
- Ability to compose written material with a succinct message and free of spelling or grammatical errors
- Good knowledge of: creative directions and design best practices; the print industry and mailing regulations; developing and implementing communication and marketing plans.
- Experience: implementing marketing and advertising plans as well as computer literacy and producing graphics for many aspects of media; using creative suites software.
60% of Time the Marketing/Promotions Coordinator must:
- Oversee messaging and content posted to various social media platforms.
- Serve as an advocate for the university and act in the best interest of the university in establishing a level of quality and production associated with university events.
- Maintain professional flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing processes, program information and priorities.
- Make recommendations and implement social media best practices.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to manage, coordinate, and deliver on concepts and information to effectively maximize the university’s brand.
- Collaborate closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects, including planning, content, layout and publication of marketing materials, turnaround time, etc.
35% of Time the Marketing/Promotions Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Marketing/Promotions Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Marketing/Promotions Coordinator
Marketing/Promotions Coordinator, Senior
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.