Job Standard for MBA Program Coordinator, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
MBA Program Coordinator, Associate Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75666
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
This position runs the day-to-day operation of our Executive MBA program. The EMBA program is full service, so this position includes everything from tracking student progress, to ordering books, to booking and helping to deliver our residency weeks.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The person in this position should have exceptional problem-solving skills in a variety of circumstances.
- Must be able to negotiate contracts and do math but also be intuitive—and able to hear what students aren’t saying in addition to what they are.
- Good candidates should also understand the basics of marketing/student recruiting campaigns and be web-savvy.
60% of Time the MBA Program Coordinator, Associate must:
- Student recruiting and student success
- External relations
- Program operations and strategic planning
- The person in this position must be able to work with many groups across campus including purchasing, financial aid, student services, parking, extended studies, and Finance and Administration. Must also be comfortable interacting with executives from local businesses too since our EMBA is a self-support program.
- This job requires the employee to recommend vendors for various goods and services.
- The person in this position makes many of the day-to-day decisions that affect the cost of the program.
- May travel regionally and often travel out of the country with the EMBA participants
35% of Time the MBA Program Coordinator, Associate
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the MBA Program Coordinator, Associate
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Some travel required, including international
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.