Job Standard for MBA Program Coordinator, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
MBA Program Coordinator, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75563
- Pay Grade: P11
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
This position has primary responsibility for five different academic programs (CTMBA and MSA (campus and on-line) & MSAT and JD/MSATA programs). Recruits students, evaluates applications, advises students and nurtures them throughout their academic career here.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience balancing multiple graduate programs.
- Strong interviewing skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and excellent customer relationship skills to supplement outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and self-start, keep current with technology advances, constantly improve already strong computer skills, be a web page designer, and be able to investigate, problem solve and take corrective action as challenges arise.
- Decision making skills and maintenance of key relationships are essential to the success of the overall program.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and also collaborate on projects with other committees or staff members as needed.
60% of Time the MBA Program Coordinator, Senior must:
- This position represents the programs in the community but also has internal budget responsibilities. With the addition of the On-line MSA program this position will also collaborate with eCampus as many of the duties listed above are shared between this position and partners in eCampus.
- Serve as the Internship Coordinator for the MBA programs and must be nominated by the Graduate College to Graduate Faculty
- Respond to inquiries; recruit new students; enhance website; conduct pre-admission interviews
- Find student internships; maintain and enhance relationships with internship companies; maintain and enhance alumni relations; represent the program in the community
- Develop annual budget; plan competitive actions; suggest program and curriculum improvements; develop annual marketing plan
- Manage annual budget; event creation, planning, and coordination
- Make syllabi consistent; operate outcomes assessment system; process applications; manage office staff; build support with staff across campus
- Advisor and coach for current students; assist with student placement; award graduate assistantships; nominate Students-of-the-month
35% of Time the MBA Program Coordinator, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the MBA Program Coordinator, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.